HOW DO I DEFINE MYSELF, WHO DO I WANT TO BE?
Sexual and/or gender identity may sometimes provoke thoughts. You may be thinking what femininity or masculinity means to you, or perhaps contemplating who you are attracted to romantically and physically. You may be wondering how to develop a better understanding of yourself and gain more self-confidence.
Feeling mismatched with your own body is distressing. While gender reassignment surgery improves the quality of life and mental well-being for many, it also comes with a range of concerns and challenges.
There is no need to be left alone in these situations! Diversity broadens perspectives, helps us understand each other and accept our differences. At its best, gender and sexual identity is a strong asset and the foundation of your being. Sometimes, however, reflecting on your own sexual and/or gender identity can be challenging.
Sateenkaariterapia tarjoaa sinulle mahdollisuuden jäsentää tilannettasi aiheeseen perehtyneen työntekijän kanssa, joka sensitiivisesti haastaa normatiivisuutta niin seksuaali- ja sukupuoli-identiteetin kuin suhteiden ja perhemuotojen suhteen.
- By discussing and analyzing the situation you can improve your self-esteem
- We work to find tools that have a positive influence on your mental well-being
- By confronting difficult thoughts and feelings in a safe manner and in safe environment you will be able to strengthen your self-compassion
- You will get support for the important relationships in your life
- During the sessions, we can discuss the impact of the environmental pressures on you and practice ways to strengthen the relationships that are important to you.
We also provide counselling for the loved ones and parents, who seek support for issues that are unique to sexual or gender minorities.
MAKE CONTACT WITH OUR PROFESSIONALS TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Below you can see the contact details of the professionals offering this therapy. Some of the appointments are also available via our online booking system.